Demag were very prominent in the market the brothers created a
long lasting relationship with the company that would bring some of the largest truck and crawler mounted cranes ever built in to the Sparrow Fleet?
The brothers shared an enthusiasm for Demag and as they produced larger and larger telescopic and lattice boom cranes the company
bought many of them, varying from 100-tonnes to 650/800-tonnes capacity, my records show the following cranes and capacities:
- 1978 HC320 2 x 100-tonne 6axle
- 1978/9 HC500 160-tonne telescopic
- 1979 TC1200 2 x 250-tonne Lattice boom
- 1979 TC4000 650/800-tonne Truck Crane
- 1982 CC4000 650/800-tonne Crawler
- 1982 CC2000 300-tonne crawler crane with luffing jib
- 1982 TC2000 300-tonne truck crane with super lift
- 1983 CC1000 200-tonne crawler crane
- 1983 HC510 200-tonne 6 axle truck crane
- 1984 HC340 3 x 130-tonne telescopic with luffing jibs
- 14 Machines in total with capacities from 100 to 800 tonnes.